2015 WESTERN MASSACHUSETTS SACRED HARP SINGING CONVENTION
Gateway City Arts, 92 Race Street, Holyoke, MA
March 7th and 8th, 2015
10:00am to 3:30pm
Please note that this year's convention will take place at a new location and will start at 10AM on both days.
The Sacred Harp, continuously in print since 1844, is the backbone of one of this country's oldest, most vital, and soul-stirring musical traditions. You have to sing it to believe it! Free -- No experience necessary -- Come and go as you please. Dinner on the grounds at noon both days.
- Convention Chair: Sasha Hsuczyk, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Convention Vice-Chair: Mike Nord, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Convention Secretary: Cheri Hardy, email@example.com
- Host Housing: Sheila Butcher Kelly, firstname.lastname@example.org
- WMSHC, Inc., P.O. Box P.O. Box 633, Northampton, MA 01061-0633
Homewood Suites by Hilton Holyoke
357 Whitney Ave, Holyoke, MA
Quality Inn and Suites
117 Conz St, Northampton, MA
259 Elm St, Northampton, MA
Hampton Inn Hadley-Amherst Area
24 Bay Road, Hadley, Massachusetts, USA 01035
Click here for an extensive list of public transportation options. Contact the Convention Chair for advice on who to contact in their home singing community to arrange carpools.
Directions to Gateway City Arts are available here.
There is free street parking on Race Street; further details forthcoming.